Friday 6 March 2009

DESIGNER SPOTLIGHT - Rider Knits

DESIGNER SPOTLIGHT

Every week we will be spotlighting a different designer. They could be mainstream, they could be handmade, they could even be just starting out. We will be picking some of the hottest designers of clothing, accessories and more. So look out.

Rider Knits

This weeks designer is a Canadian native. At the moment residing in London, Ontario attending Western university, Krystyn Coombs. She has taken crocheting to a next level. She has given the old time classic and added her own urban vibe to her hats, headbands and the new RK collection called Oceanna Collection which features tops, bags and bikini tops. All items are hand made and custom orders can be placed to gain just the look you are searching for. WE managed to catch up with Krystyn and got a quick interview about her and her company.

Q.
What made you start RK?
A. Rider Knits was developed out of my love for the rider lifestyle and my spirit for art. I tore my ACL two summers ago during a wakeboard session. At first I was devastated but then I decided to fill my time with my other passion; fashion. Rider Knits was developed shortly after that and has been growing strong ever since.

Q. Who has inspired your designs?
A. My designs are inspired by the beaches of California, the mountains of BC, the lakes of Muskoka, and the riders that fill them.

Q. Do you design and make everything yourself?
A. All designs are hand-made and created by myself.

Q.Whose clothes and accessories do your wear other then yours the most?
A. My absolute favorite clothing company, at the moment, is tied between Odd Molly and Free People.

Q. What is the most played at the moment on your iTunes?
A. Most played is definitely anything folk, acoustic, and sometimes a little rock. At the top of my most played list is Bob Dylan, without a doubt.

Q. Top 5 Musical Artists?
A. OK that's difficult, it has definately evolved over time but here goes: 1. Beatles 2. Brett Dennen 3. Dave Matthews Band 4. Jack Johnson 5. Radiohead

Q. Shout Outs?
A.Shout outs to my team riders and all those rad people that support RK! Keep riding and wear what's comfortable.

Peace, love & sunshine
-KC

Pictures























PEACHES

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
TopOfBlogs